Day 1, these stats are a distant memory!! I can’t even believe that I have been on this journey for 28 days…and the results are so amazing, that I have to keep reminding myself that this is really ME!~
So, here I am at Day 28 – but, I want to reflect on my intentions of taking the #ketodriven path… I suffered from a few ailments; blood sugar all over the place (very near Stage 2 Diabetes), Auto Immune Disease (I could go on and on about these symptoms…), Hashimoto’s Disease (wasn’t bad enough to have a ill thyroid…let’s just really throw me for a loop), fibromyalgia (yes, it’s real…and painful)…throw in anxiety, depression, and the fact that I WILL catch anything that comes near me (I am a magnet).
So, what am I doing different? Well, I am the product of trying everything that is out there….and mostly, I lost time, ended up in the hospital dehydrated, got temporary results, and lost a ton of $ too! So, when a friend said, I take a Ketone drink once a day and I am feeling great….I was skeptical. As a mom of 3, 2 living at home, I can’t afford another ‘try this’…but she was persistent. So, I said, alright, what the heck! She said, let’s just try it…a taster pack and let’s see what you like for taste! See her and I have a lot of the same symptoms, so I said, well if it’s working for you, I will be positive…let me just place an order! So, I did….and 28 days later, here is a summary of my journal….Please remember that my weight wasn’t totally off the charts, and certainly wasn’t my immediate concern….I was more concerned with the prescriptions I was taking, the feeling I was feeling….etc.
- Brain fog, forgetfulness, losing everything (including my mind!) – by day 3, I was already feeling more organized and focused! Hmmmm….ok, that is good!
- Pain in my lower back, hip, down my left leg – Wow, within the first week, I was getting right up out of bed. Why is this a big deal? Well, before, I would lay there, until I just couldn’t lay there anymore…I exercised in bed, I tried everything…I just couldn’t stand the pain of getting out of bed, some days I just didn’t bother…..
- Sleep….what is that? I would go to bed at 3am, not even tired, but exhausted! I was up to get the kids off to school at 6, then back to bed until 1pm! Great life huh? Not anymore, the first night…literally, I slept 10 hours! Ummm…what? Ok, by the end of the first week, I was on a schedule, to bed around 10ish, up at 6 and no naps…what the what? YEP!
- Wait are my clothes fitting differently? Well, yes…they are! I have dropped 2 pant sizes since my start…wow. Back into my Wranglers and boots…don’t have to wear leggings all the time anymore!!! WooHoo!!
- Cravings – I am an emotional and stress eater…so I have this stash of snacks in my desk drawer…lol. Honey buns, snack cakes, cheetos! I could feed an Army! Anyway, I gave all that to my kids, why…no cravings, in fact, they don’t even taste good anymore. WOW! What am I craving? Veggies, salad, cheese, bacon…ok, I can live with that!!
I think you get the picture… Feel free to support me on my journey at facebook.com/ketodriven – and if you are open to knowing more about how I am doing this without massive exercise, no prescriptions, no pills, no cardboard dinners….just connect with me! 🙂 Thank you for making me accountable for change!